Saturday, January 24, 2009

Solo ORvR - UI testing


Tonight destro locked up the elf area. My warband had already made it to the fort and I was one of the few stragglers. A straggler who came across a black orc named, Stonetusk. After I made a quick retreate across the river and then back, the two of us locked metal. I was very excited to test my new UI set up (diablo-esque) as the ORvR earlyer left me dieing before I knew what hit me. This was my first chance to really test out my keybindings and button layout.

Aside from our initial charge, Stonetusk seemed to be a bit imoble. Throughout the battle I had compleate positional controll leaving Stontusk's shield to be of little use. I made sure that I was on his flank or rear as often as possible. I was expecting a long battle and after hitting him with Binding Grudge, I proceeded to buff myself with Guarded Attack (armor buff) and Vengfull Strike (toughness buff), and went for positional controll. My lvl 1 moral poped fast, and after casting Inspiring Attack (str buff) and stone breaker i used it. This is where i did the most damage (pic taken a bit after I used my moral 1). Continualy keeping my binding grudge and cave in up, it didn't take long to finish him off. I was supprised to walk away with more than 50% health.

I was somewhat dissapointed, as he had a two lvl advantage, and I was expecting more of a challenge. Nevertheless I finished with a bow and about 10 sec later was rampaged by 6 of his closest friend. haha

All in all I'm really enjoying my new UI config. I still have a few tweeks, but other than that it's great. I'll talk more about my UI next time.


















This is a pic from ORvR in Eataine at the Sanctuary of Dreams. Order was doing well, and then another destro warband showe up. ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment