Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Epic Battle at CoF!


Last night was an insane night for ORvR! When I had logged on, Order had already locked up all of Empire and the Elf zone was resetting (I was told that the server crashed right before I logged on). We had our alliance stationed at Dragon Wake, while other guilds set up in Thunder Mountain. No doubt, there was A LOT of order. I'd never seen so much order. I thought to myself as we rolled through a defended BO, "This is what desto feels like when they roll through us. WOW!" Needless to say this was the first time I'd gathered that feeling, and I could see how I'd get tired of it, but in that moment, it was amazing!

Order owned everything on the map except for Covenant of Flame (CoF) Keep, which was being defend by many a destro. We hit the keep and after a bit of door knocking we made it through the first... and soon after we demolished the second door. And destro were there ready with their pits of shades on their tank wall (It looked pretty awesome despite its destructive nature).

The order was given over vent, "Charge" so me, being the good little dwarf follower that I am, charged. It looked like others were heading up the ramp, so hey, why not. I made it up no problem but found myself standing alone in the midst of a tank wall and god knows how many pits of shades. It didn't take me long to die.


Order pushes on, we hold tight on the bottom floor while the doors respawn, and are broken back down again - this time with little resistance as most of the destro are in the keep guarding the ramp. Once the doors are down, we make a major push, a push where everyone actually cooperates, and we finally break through.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the entire battle took about one hour. It was pretty awesome, even though we did outnumber destro, they put up a great fight. One hour of defence is nothing to scoff at. I'd say they had 100 or so on defence while we had just under 200. but that's a complete guess. Ether way, we out numbered them. Never the less it was an epic battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment