Sunday, March 29, 2009

Invading IC

It's finally Orders turn to return the glorious City Siege. Though the first time we made it there few order were on and even fewer destro around to defend – to top it off the server went down a few hours after the initial assault. Second time we hit it, just a few nights ago, I actually got to join in the fray (for it wasn’t at 3am like the first one).

Today we hit IC again, once again, like the first one, I totally missed it. *sigh* so I’m going to talk about the 2nd one! Yay.

First let me start by saying that all in all I enjoyed the city siege. It was ok farming with no destro, but got to be a lot of fun once destro showed up to wipe our asses for us and feed some renown. Mm mmm
There are a few things I want to point out about the attack though. A little, compare and contrast. Comparing the time that destroy siege Altdorf for those 4,5,6… however many days.

Two hours of PQ’s. It seems that we had about 3 hours for our City PQ (I was absent for about an hour and I think it started right when I left). I recall the Altdorf PQ’s being around 6 hours of madness. So for one of our sieges, destroy had 2. multiply the 6 or so times that they hit the city and it would take us 12 sieges to get the same amount of time, with seemingly less rewards.

No more Dungeon. Perhaps it’s just that I (or we) couldn’t find it, but I’m pretty sure that Mythic took that section out and added it to Stage II. I still have my fingers crossed that we’ll find a secret entrance.

Two Gold Bags per PQ. I was thinking that we would get a few more than 2 per PQ. Think about it, it takes at least four hours to get to the city gates (mind you, we do get rewarded along the way, but its no stroll in the park). Then we have three hours to pray that destroy doesn’t defend, and if they do, we hope they suck. But only 2 gold bags? At the same time I’m thinking that this is an attempt to keep groups from capping IC at 3am (cough cough, the first time we took it! Haha) and farming the living daylights out of it.

Boss Scales Down when the destro are around. And he scales up when destroy aren’t around. I thought this was awesome addition on Mythic’s part. Even though the boss still kicked my ass when we had 48 destro rollin’ around!

Easier to Advance to Stage II. We almost made it to stage II (or so we’d like to think, haha). We held at 91 VP’s for a while before it sunk down into the pits of hell, AKA IC. It seemed like we didn’t struggle as hard as destro had to in order to get that high. Perhaps it was just population imbalance.

Zerg vs BW OP so we are almost even. When destro was rollin’ us in up to altdorf they out numbered us in the ORvR lakes big time. And now destro claims that the BW’s over powered-ness is the cause of our success, SO BE IT! I’ll bask in the glory of our IC city sieges just as they did during our siege! We still need to cap the city 9 times to make it all even though… we’ll see how that pans out.

Honestly though, I had fun fighting against destro during the IC siege. It was great fun. Even if I didn’t get a stupid gold bag with an item that I can’t even wear for 20+ Renown Ranks.

And cheers to all the destro that showed up in our PQ to own us! Grinding PQ’s isn’t my bag, so thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, here's the new city rules:

    1. Stage 1 is now 2 hours, not 6. So way less than previously. It needs to be 3 hours since you spend a good half hour either figuring out where to go or crashing.

    2. The dungeon is Stage 2, was bugged when they were in our city. Figures.

    3. Supposed to be 6 gold bags, but it's bugged.

    4. The boss is crazy, but doable. I'm actually glad he is a pain since previously people in greens could tank him and get gold bags...did I mention those people were level 33? Um, yeah.

    5. They adjusted the way you get VP so much more for holding BOs and killing players in populated instances, but less in unpopulated instances. Scen VP should still be the same.

    It is fun though, glad to see someone else's perspective on it.

    ~Gaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you choke on your gold bags. LOL! good job. Enjoy. Your days of BW OP are soon over.

    ReplyDelete