Monday, April 13, 2009

Guilty & some other stuff

Ok so I've not posted in a while for a few reasons. Primarily because I got bored with my IB one day and rolled a Squig Herder on Phoenix Throne (an RP server) and, low and behold, I loved the orc talking RP play style. Perhaps it's just a phase, I'm still not sure, but I've spent the past 2 weeks playin my squishy squiggy.

You can call me a traitor and all that stuff now. Especially cause I would sit at home, paint some of my dwarven models, and then log on my squig herder. GUILTY as charged. I know. But the RP is so much more fun than logging on and hearing "When is the token system coming out!?!?!" & "The raiders lost another football game! NOOOO!" So yeah, I don't have to hear all that jazz. *cheer*

wait... did I just say token system?

I finally took the time to go through some of the new things coming out. I was wondering what ever happened to that RvR dungeon-esque Tome King expansion that I was so excited about months ago. Then I came across this, Dev Diary

Here are just a few quotes that made me happy:

"Thoughts of true action-RPG experiences crept in my mind. Visions of the Temple of Doom, Zelda, and God of War flashed through. Questionable levers, treasure that looks too good to be true, collapsing floors, swinging pendulums, spitting darts, (much) larger than life boss fights – I wanted it all."

"That’s when the blatantly obvious hit. We’re going to let players chase each other into dungeon instances."

"Every monster throughout the Necropolis desert has a chance to drop tokens, with which there is a lot of new phat gear and crafting materials to purchase."

Wow, lots of neat stuff. Traps and puzzles sound promising, but I'm not sure how it will go over with the MMO crowd despite my own excitement. In actuality, my old D&D games were full of traps and puzzles, that just made it all the more fun. The thing is that in an MMO your going to be doing that trap/puzzle over, and over, and over. With that being said, I better get my IB all geared up so that I can hit the Land of the Dead as soon as it breaks from it's shell. That way I'll get to partake in problem solving traps and not just tag along w/ everyone else.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the darkside...did you get your cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dont u quit us fool, I'll hurt you with kitchenware.




    Brasus.

    ReplyDelete