Wednesday, February 4, 2009

In Defense of Reikland

In Starbreakers own words:


“So one o’ me friends back in Kadrin Valley, good ol’ chap, 'e sends me all over tha place collectin’ things for ‘im an’ what not. So ‘e asks me to gyro it ova’ to Reikland to help out the humans. Humans are interestin’ creatures o’ habit.” Starbreaker grabs a drink and chugs down a large amount of ale and as he begins to talk again, droplets of ale splash out of his mouth. “I’m quite fond of ‘em really, or I was... but originaly twas this fondness that I choose to help ‘em out. I came to fight against, what they call, the “taint of chaos” that plagues their lands. Now we all know very well that the powers of chaos are notin’ to scoff at. In fac’, I know first hand what dose monstaz can do. Clearin’ out the mines of Eight Peaks is no simple task. But I ain’t gonna get inta that long story. I’m sure you know all ‘bout it anyway.”


Starbreaker bows his head and pauses for a moment as if remembering a terrible time in his life.“At least not at this moment,” he faintly mumbles. The dread on his face is quickly whipped away as he continues his story.

“Yet those humans don’t trust no ones! At least not other humans, an’ I guess they got good reason for et. The corruption in that place is unbelievable. For instance, I talked to his one lady, she was way up high on this observatory deck. You’ve seen ‘er, anyway, think her name was Greta. An’ she comes to me an’ asks if I’d run a bit o’ an errand for ‘er – go out an ‘elp some Lord Gramburg wid his peasant revolt. So I do, and when I get back, she tells me that this lord that I just helped out is” he speaks in a mystical voice, “tainted by chaos.”He continues on as normal, “So I run back talk to ‘im again an’ he says she’s got that SHE’s got the taint o’ chaos. So I think I’m done ‘elpin out these noble people, an’ have a chat wid the local militia.”

His hands start to shake with excitement as he stands up to tell his next part, “Well they say the lady AND the lord got” he uses his mystical voice, this time very sarcastically saying, “the taint of chaos!”

Starbreaker bursts into a fuss and starts yelling with all the excitement in the world, “What is wrong wid ‘em! I know chaos, don’t see no chaos in ‘em at all! Juss 'cause ya don't like someone don't mean they got the taint of chaos! These humans are crazy. What kinda empire they runnin' o're there? Well that does it, I’m done. Feel a lot better, thanks little guy.”

A Dwarf has to practice his story telling somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be looking for you stuntie on Ungrim. So you may feel the Raven God's wrath.

    - Rivs

    ReplyDelete