Friday, February 13, 2009

My First RvR with Legends

The other night, after playing some catch with Kilor, the guild leader of Legends, I enquired about the current status of the guild. Being an ex-B&B (Bash and Brew) officer from the Averheim server I knew that a few of my old guild mates ended up over there. Sure enough I found a hand full of old friends! I'm so happy in my new guild! And to kick off my happiness with a bang they had RvR night. OH YES! FINALLY some organized ORvR (being that scenario's never popped).

Reikland
2/10/09

When I arirved Legends, Crimson Guard and Omega had a pretty good stand off at Reikwatch. Order had the high ground of the BO while Destro was north on the opposing hill. There were a lot of destro, but after a few more reinforcements, it was truly an order zerg - the likes of which I have never seen before - and with a swift order of our leader to push, everyone uniformly pushed. We pushed them off of Reikwatch and once they were on the run we all came back to reikwatch to cap the BO. I was amazed. Not only that but we sent out scouts to neighboring BO's and keeps to check the status. It seems that the PUG's were camping destro's warcamp. but I couldn't care less, it's happened to me dozens of times. Plus, its not like there aren't other ways to get into the RvR lake. TRY the back road... oh wait, that takes orginization. In the world of PUG's, we know how that works out.

Once we had all the BO's and Keeps, it was time to earn some VP. So we queued up for scenarios and headed off to the PQ. And that’s when we all got bored. Oh, the first run was fine, fun even. We were all energized with the idea of flipping the zone back to Praag (cause its so much fun to play there! Love that zone!). Then the 2nd PQ, still no VP gain, 3rd PQ... 4th PQ... and I'm spent. Our VP went from 84, down to 82 and back to 86 and in the end, 84. Perhaps destro was doing the same PQ grind, hence few returns from either side. I’m not sure, but it wasn’t much fun and there was no sign of accomplishment; time to move on and/or call it a night.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys aren't laying down, makes my nights fun too. Hope to see you on the battlefield.

    ReplyDelete